Valentina Lisitsa: Eine couragierte Kämpferin für die Rechte von Musikern

Reaktionen
Hallo,

folgenden, sehr interessanten, bewegenden und bewundernswerten Beitrag habe ich soeben auf der Facebook-Seite der Pianistin Valentina Lisitsa entdeckt:

Have you ever wondered what's REALLY behind artists' cancellations of concerts? Not "sudden illness", not "personal reasons", the truth? Sometimes it is not pretty.
As today marks my second cancelled concert for Palermo Classica Festival, playing Grieg and Rachmaninoff concerti in Taormina, I think I owe just such a moment of truth to you, my friends and fans.
I refused to play for this festival until my conditions were met. Wait - you say – what a greedy piano celebrity- betraying her audience because of pay! NOT SO FAST, please
I didn’t put conditions for myself , but for dozens of musicians , young and old, famous and not yet so - who were all cheated of their pay….
If you have time and attention to spare , read and judge for yourself. Below is just SOME of emails that started it all….

Il giorno 20/lug/2013, alle ore 16:21,
Dear XXXX,

I have one question to ask – have you paid your artists from last year festival? Please tell me the truth.
Thank you.
Valentina

Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 22:37:58 +0200
Subject: Re: Palermo Classica

Dear Valentina, some soloists with small amounts we have paid, some are not.with the Sicilian region we are having so many problems. they still have not paid anyone for the activities of 2012.
However, with resources coming from 2013 we are trying to pay all
. we all have the same problem. Friends of Music - Teatro Bellini of Catania - Palermo politeama theater - theater blond Palermo and many others .. we do not receive contributions.
in any case, we will pay all and I hope this happens cave the next two / three months. you can safely reassure some of your fellow friend .. please do it for me ..
we are suffering a lot ... maybe not as images. I hope that we can overcome all this time
but we'll make it thank you for your friendship and your affection
Un caro saluto
XXXX
Inviato da iPhone

Dear XXXXX.
You can't say that I didn't try to help you - above and beyond my call of duty, giving you one free concert after another, one after another....You told me that the news of funding cut last August was like a thunder from a clear sky, unexpected. Fine, I accepted what you said.
I was shocked to find out that you didn't tell the truth to the artists - both young and old who played after me.
You made them come and play, knowing too well that you have no intent of ever paying them. You did it to both young artists and to venerated patriarchs of classical music. Some of these artists agreed to come because of my personal reassurance and advice. In their eyes I am at fault. They see my name advertised in a new festival, they see some "big names" invited - who do not come for free. Their natural question is - did I deceive them by my advice.
I feel personally responsible for my words. I am embarrassed that it was because of my word that they suffered damages.
I feel like a traitor by having my name gracing your posters while those people got nothing for their playing. I can't allow it to happen.
This year I was to come at no cost to you, thanks to XXXXX generosity. You sold tickets to my concerts- both for New Year and for upcoming August, you got the money for those tickets. I am not going to come unless ALL the artists who were denied payment from last year get paid.
Not some time in a future, not in three months .
Now. They have to be paid now. Those are not millions of euros in payments, their fees are pitifully small. But even those small money mean a whole lot for a young artist from remote country.... If you don't have funds you shouldn't be running the festival. Sorry for being so blunt. If you cannot honor your commitments to your artists I will address my fans publicly and apologize for not coming . They will understand.
Sincerely,
Valentina
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

> Dear XXXXX,
>
> You are not going to impress me with big numbers. I know one thing - so far I cost you next to nothing. Between last July and today I have given you plenty of my labor and effort with promises and more promises in exchange, my fees being a fraction of what XXX charges, and more free concerts than I ever done for anybody else. Yet, the concerts that I played - they were packed with people, who didn't come for free , they paid for tickets. Same with upcoming concerts. You sold tickets to each one. It is not a small pocket change that you gained by my concerts. Even with your claims that you lost funding there was enough to pay for certain "big name" artists that I am not going to mention here...You didn't care to make even a small partial payments to others , whom you called in your letter to me "simple artists". I was very offended at that statement back then - as I just barely rose myself to some kind of fame not even a few short years ago - and I remember too well the treatment accorded to artists who are deemed a mere commodity, disposable and replaceable, having no voice to complain.
> Everything eventually comes to the end - my patience expired. Believe me, I am not the only trouble you have in hands. I was told by the group of artists whom you didn't bother to pay that they are about to go with open letters to Italian and international press, to protest through their respective ambassadors - and by suing your company for damages.
> In the current situation I can't allow my name used in conjunction with your festival.
> I will not play until the artists who suffered damages are fully satisfied in their claims.
> Barred this condition, I formally request that you remove my name and
> to announce the cancellation my concerts at the festival .
With regrets,
Valentina

Ich finde, sie verdient hierfür höchsten Respekt!

Herzlichen Dank, Valentina, für Deinen couragierten Einsatz! :)

Herzliche Grüße

Lisztomanie

P.S.: ich hoffe, es ist ok, wenn ich das hier zitiere...:D Aber ich finde es einfach so großartig!

Ich finde, sie verdient hierfür höchsten Respekt!

Herzlichen Dank, Valentina, für Deinen couragierten Einsatz! :)

Herzliche Grüße

Lisztomanie

P.S.: ich hoffe, es ist ok, wenn ich das hier zitiere...:

Lieber Lisztomanie,

natürlich ist das ok, da es sich ja um publizierte Information handelt, und ich danke Dir für den interessanten Hinweis. Allerdings glaube ich, daß es der Respekt vor V.L. ebenfalls erfordert, daß man sie nicht wie einen alten Kumpel tituliert.

Zugunsten, wenn auch natürlich nicht zur Entschuldigung, der Veranstalter läßt sich allerdings anführen, daß es in Italien völlig normal ist, daß Gehälter mit monatelanger Verspätung ausbezahlt werden.

Schöne Grüße!

Friedrich

Zuletzt von einem Moderator bearbeitet:
Allerdings glaube ich, daß es der Respekt vor V.L. ebenfalls erfordert, daß man sie nicht wie einen alten Kumpel tituliert.

Hallo Friedrich,

ich habe Frau Lisitsa keinesfalls in despektierlicher Weise titulieren wollen, sondern nur den von ihr und ihren Fans auf ihrer Facebook-Seite gepflegten Stil wieder aufgegriffen. Dort wird sie von allen mit "Valentina" in dem von Dir als "kumpelhaft" beschriebenen Ton angesprochen. :D Dies ist jedoch eher ein Zeichen für die besondere Verbundenheit zwischen ihr udn ihren Fans - wofür ich sie auch sehr bewundere - als eine Herabwürdigung ihrer Person.

Ich hoffe, sie möge es mir verzeihen! :D

Herzliche Grüße

Dein Lisztomanie

Interessant, Lisztomanie !!

Hmm...da warten wohl welche auf Gelder, die noch ausstehen ( soweit ich das verstanden habe )...

Aber: Sizilien - und Konzert, und Bezahlung.....was assoziiere ich damit ?? :D

-1028981-flash.jpg

Dialog:

Pate: "Und, kleiner Fisch ? Sind die Konzerttantiemen abgezweigt auf..."

Laufbursche: "...das schweizer Nummernkonto, wie Du befohlen hast, Boss..."

Pate: "Auf diesem Klavierforum...in Alemania, sind helle Köpfe....Gefahrenanalyse ?"

Laufbursche: "Null Problemo, Boss..Tonio und ich lösen das..." [ Tonio, der zweite Laufbursche, zeigt 45er Automatic und Laufbursche "kleiner Fisch" gibt dem Paten den Handkuss ]

:D

Pate denkt: "Cretinos...aber so kann ich sie beschäftigen, die Trottel..." :D

LG, Olli

ich habe Frau Lisitsa keinesfalls in despektierlicher Weise titulieren wollen, sondern nur den von ihr und ihren Fans auf ihrer Facebook-Seite gepflegten Stil wieder aufgegriffen. Dort wird sie von allen mit "Valentina" in dem von Dir als "kumpelhaft" beschriebenen Ton angesprochen.

Nun, ich wollte Dir natürlich nichts hineinreden. Warte noch ein paar Jahre; ich könnte mir gut vorstellen, daß Du dann auch der Meinung sein wirst, daß der Stil von Facebook-Fanclubs kein Muster für Dich ist (warte mal bis Sonntag, nämlich auf die vielen "Cool gemacht Angie!"-Chöre. Möchtest Du diese Weise auch mitsingen? Wohl kaum).

V.Ls. Gang an die Öffentlichkeit ist sehr wichtig. Ändern wird sich leider erst etwas, wenn viele andere es ihr gleichtun.

Nix für ungut und alles Gute fürs bevorstehende Abitur!

Friedrich

@ Friedrich:

Ich war mir sicher, dass Dein Beitrag nicht in der Weise gemeint war, von der Du Dich in Deinem Beitrag oben lossagst..:D Und ich danke Dir sehr dafür, dass Du durch Deien Beiträge immer wieder ein kritisches Korrektiv für meinen Stil darstellst!

Und herzliche Dank für Dein "Daumen-drücken", aber ich habe ja noch ein paar Monate Zeit; aber trotzdem zählen die Klausuren ja schon, nicht nur die Prüfung im Frühjahr 2014. Und ein bisschen Glück kann ja nicht schaden. Bezüglich der Wahl des Studienplatzes bin ich aber noch hin und her gerissen zwischen größter Neigung, aber wirtschaftlicher und existenzieller Unsicherheit und meiner zweitgrößten Neigung, die aber in wirtschaftlicher und existenzieller Sicht sehr gut wegkommt (Medizin). Ich habe sogar mal überlegt, beides zu studieren. Schaden kann es ja nicht...:D

Herzliche Grüße

Dein Dich sehr schätzender Lisztomanie

P.S.: der ein kleiner Entscheidungsneurotiker ist...:D

Allerdings glaube ich, daß es der Respekt vor V.L. ebenfalls erfordert, daß man sie nicht wie einen alten Kumpel tituliert.

Ich vermute, dass Valentina :D es eher so sieht wie Lisztomanie, und auch in meinen Augen ist ein Vorname kein Zeichen für mangelnden Respekt, sondern für einen Umgang auf Augenhöhe - menschlich gesehen. Im angelsächsischen Sprachgebrauch ist der Vorname übrigens sehr viel weiter verbreitet als bei uns. Zum Beispiel haben sich auch David (Cameron) und sein Herausforderer Ed(ward) (Milliband) in ihren Fernsehdiskussionen mit Vornamen angeredet. Aber das nur als kleine Anmerkung. ;)

Es grüßt
Die Drahtkommode

Zurück
Top Bottom